Yippee (sarcasm inserted here) we have a time change this weekend! We will find ourselves moving our clocks ahead an hour. So if your child usually wakes up at 7 am the clock will say 8 am!!! You will look at the clock and smile but realistically it does not mean much 🙁
There are a few things you can do; however, you first have to decide if you are okay with the morning wake time.
If you are happy with the new wake time then do the following:
1. Naps will occur after the proper amount of wake time. This will make it seem like naps are now on hour later then they were the day before the time change. It is the clock playing tricks on you.
2. Bedtime will be one hour later then usual.
3. Maintain this new schedule.
If you are not okay with the new wake time then do the following:
1. Wake your child at the desired wake time. Expect your child to take a few days to adjust to being woken up.
2. Naps at the proper amount of wake time.
3. Plan for bedtime to be a the regular time which may feel like an hour earlier to your child. It will take time to adapt.
4. Be patient as this will take at least a week for your child to adapt to the time change.
The third thing you can do is go with the flow and adjust with your child as their bodies adapt.
This is most likely what we will do. I will put on my big girl panties and by patient with the little man while he gets used to the clock changes.
The final and most important thing is that you do not stress out!!
As with everything related to children, the calmer you can be the easier the transition is.
Take Care and Happy Sleeping!!